We are looking for talented individuals to join our team!
To apply, please submit your resumé and sample portfolio by email and state the desired position in the subject line.
The Project Manager applicant should have experience managing all phases of interior design development from inception to installation and must be able to manage multiple projects of varying size and complexity. This position will have high client interaction on a regular basis. Qualified individuals must have strong interpersonal and communication skills, a client-centered focus, and the ability to multi-task.
- Manage projects from conception to completion
- Construction and design drawing sets
- Knowledge of design process, including FF&E, specifications, finish and material selections
- Create and update schedules, budget spreadsheets
- Reviewing contractor/vendor numbers
- Construction management
- Installation of furnishings
Ideal candidate MUST meet following qualifications to be considered:
- 3-5 years of experience in residential interior design projects
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, Design Manager and Microsoft Office (Excel)
Elms Interior Design is growing and in need of a “jack of all trades” Design Assistant. This position will primarily provide support to the Project Managers where necessary in order to increase productivity and meet the expectations of our clients. It is imperative that the Design Assistant be able to follow direction and anticipate the needs of the team in order to provide the best support possible. The Design Assistant will have a wide array of duties from administrative tasks to creative design, helping in all areas throughout the project process as required. This person must create and maintain trusted relationships with vendors, builders, sub-contractors, sales reps, etc. through a professional work ethic, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. This work requires a very high attention to detail, drive for accuracy, and sense of urgency.
The fast-paced position demands that one to be adaptable, a quick learner, and the ability to shift gears at high speed at any given moment. The ideal applicant must be a self-starter, with a positive attitude and the ability to handle stressful situations. They must be able to take direction well, manage their workload, work well under pressure, tolerate interruptions and redirection, client requests, and recognize issues while offering alternative solutions with exceptional follow through. One must work well independently and as a team, understanding your job is to primarily support and take direction from the project managers. Strong communication and documentation skills are required with the ability to utilize technology for productive long-distance meetings.
- Support Project Managers in all work related tasks
- Assist in schematic design and presentation prep
- Prepare spec books and care packets for all projects
- Gathering estimates and preparing client proposals
- Coordinate with vendors, contractors, sales reps and sub-contractors
- Assist with order placement, order follow-up and tracking of orders
- Assist with social media presence on multiple platforms (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn)
- Assist with AutoCAD and Adobe Creative Suite work
- Coordinate Furniture delivery and installations with vendors and clients
- Assist with furniture installations
- Update and manage sample library
- Support Principal in some personal tasks
Qualifications & Expectations:
- 1-2 years of Experience in Interior Design is preferred
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box
- Professional work ethic and appearance
- Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong ability to multi-task with time management skills
Elms Interior Design has a very consistent flow of projects and we are always looking to find awesome, bright interns to help us out! Internships are offered every Fall, Spring, and Summer. Interns at our office have very varied roles. In addition to maintaining our sample library we try to get our interns involved in client projects where appropriate and as needed. These jobs can include drafting plans/elevations, creating client presentations, project installations, photo-shoot preparation and styling, as well as creating product schedules and research.
This candidate must have a degree (or currently working towards a degree) in design/architecture and be proficient in CAD, Sketchup, InDesign, Photoshop and Microsoft Excel.
We ask that the intern work a minimum of 35 hours a week. This position includes compensation at our current intern hourly rate.